Premises Liability Accidents
ATLANTA PREMISES LIABILITY ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
A dangerous condition on someone else’s property can cause traumatic brain injuries, lacerations, and even worse -catastrophic injuries to unsuspecting visitors leading to permanent disability or disfigurement. Such incidents and injuries that lead to the victim’s disease, deserve immediate legal attention. Slip and fall accidents, exposure to hazardous chemicals, roof collapse, fires and floods…it only takes one negligent landowner to injure or kill others. Georgia law has specific statutes in situ regarding incidents that happen on another person’s property. This brings a premises liability claim against someone can result in compensation for lost wages, medical costs, and pain and suffering.
Common cause of injuries on unsafe premises:
- Injuries from falling objects
- Accidental drowning
- Vehicle run-over or back-over injuries
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Burns from fires or explosions
- Illness from hazardous substances or fumes
- Head or spine injury from amusement park accidents
- Crush injuries/amputations from elevator/escalator malfunctions
- Assaults and robberies
Common cause of slip & fall accidents:
- Wet or slippery floors
- Loose carpeting
- Snow or ice
- Uneven curbs
- Poorly built or maintained objects
- Defective stairs
- Poor lighting
- Potholes or ditches
- Unmarked construction zones
- Unstable buildings
- Unsecured swimming pools
- Poorly maintained playgrounds
- Overly steep entryways or driveways
- Blocked aisles
Slip and fall and Unsafe Premise Liability
Property owners or their tenants may be held responsible when someone has been injured on the property. These cases are based on the ideology of negligence:
- Whether or not the property owner acted carefully in preventing a slip and fall on their grounds.
- Whether the victim acted recklessly in not seeing or avoiding the thing they slipped on.
Slip and Fall and Unsafe Premises Settlement
Slip and Fall Cases are Complicated!
You need to react quickly, or the accident scene may change, and evidence crucial to your case may disappear. If you’re injured in an exceedingly slip and fall incident, there are several steps you would like to take:
- Make an event Report – Report the incident to the correct authorities.
- Take pictures of the scene – location, the reason behind the incident, time of day, etc. you would like to prove there was a hazard that you simply weren’t alert to once you entered that area, while proving the owner or manager was aware.
- Get immediate medical aid – ensure you attend any follow-up appointments! Contact your slip and fall attorney as soon as possible after the incident. Understanding Liability After a blunder and Fall Accident.
One West Court Square, Suite 750
Decatur, GA 30030
Phone: (678) 658-8102 / Fax: (678) 658-8145
Email us at:
SEND US A MESSAGE